Monday, June 3, 2013

Sec 1 Orientation 2013

On 2nd January 2013, I participated in the Sec 1 Orientation last year 2012 and this year 2013. The date for the Orientation was on 2nd and 3rd of January 2013. I went for the second Orientation training during the December holidays. I was taking Class 1N7. My Group members are Aini, Wen Zhong, ZI Yuan, Regina, Fasyira and Saiful. We introduced ourselves to the Sec 1N7 students and ask them to change into their PE attire. After about 5 minutes, we started to move the chairs and tables to the side of the classroom with them and ask them to put their bags behind the classroom. 

Then we started to play the icebreaker games with the whole class. We played Squash and Blow Wind Blow. It was great. I could see that the students were having fun. Then, we got them to sit down in the centre of the classroom and taught them the 'GOOD JOB!' Cheer to encourage them. Then we released them for their recess at 10am and told them to be back in the classroom by 10.35am. During my recess, I went back to my class to hand in $2.50 to my form teacher for the new handbook 2013 and chatted with my friends at the same time. Apparently, they did almost nothing and was chatting the whole time. It was great that there was no lessons as I will not miss anything that was taught. 

Then I went back to Class 1N7. We split them into 4 groups. I took Group 3 and was the only student facilitator leading my group. The rest of student facilitators paired up. So we had 4 groups in total. I led my group through the Amazing Race. Although it was hard to get their attention, but it went quite smoothly but they took about 20 minutes to finish the Sudoku Puzzle with a bit of help from me. Then I took them back to class for their Form Teacher contact time. After that we practiced our SF cheers, did a debrief and went for lunch. Then we went to the hall to do the Chingay Practice with the sec 1s but we left earlier. It was a great day with not much problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment