Saturday, May 5, 2012

CIP - BINTAN TRIP!!!!

The Argo Resort BATHROOM Shower!!!



















I went for this Community Involvement Programme (CIP) - To climb Mount Bintan and to interact with the local Bintan orphans there. They are malays and are living in the orphanage. The coach tells us that we need to have 3 things in mind when we go there: Sympathy, Empathy and one more, I forgot. hehe :D

I went there with my class 3E2 and also 3E1 with a few teachers: Ms Wendy Chew, Mr Iwan, Mr Isman and a few others. It was a 1 hour bus ride from school to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, and after all the check in by the Singapore Security thingy, we boarded the ferry to Bintan. It was a dizzy ferry ride. It took 45 minutes from Tanah Merah to Bintan Ferry Terminal. I ate sour plums, chips, seaweed and coco pops (a type of chocolate cereal) to gain more energy to climb the mounain later. I was in a group with Queenie, Felicia, Addison, Wan Hoon, Adam and Vernon, my classmates. We decided to do a singing performance as every group was suppose to make a 3 minutes performance. The performance was cancelled at the last minute but we were wanted to sing 'Call Me Maybe"!!! I was relieved that it was cancelled as I cannot sing. I can't even sing ' Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'...

We did a lot things there. I did not even know that climbing Mountain Bintan was not as easy as I thought it was but I still managed to climb it. I want to climb it again!! *Sniff sniff~~ There were a total of 5 pit stops for us to rest and drink water to hydrate myself. I was helping Wan Hoon all the way as she keeps falling and there was once when she almost fell on her buttock but I hold her hand to prevent her from falling. She thanked me and we continued on with our journey. The whole thing was so fun and there is so much to talk about. I really LOVED this experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment