Monday, February 8, 2016

Barriers to Communication Notes

Barriers to Communication 

  • Noise
  • Status
  • Emotions
  • Over-interpretation
  • Evaluative Tendencies
  • Projection and Stereotypes
  • Arrogance and Superiority
  • Inconsistent verbal and non-verbal communication
  • Language Barriers
  • Poor Listening Habits
  • Lack of Feedback
  • Differences in Perception
  • Role Requirements
  • Poor choice of information medium
  • Lack of honesty

I found this on a piece of paper. Apparently, it is teaching me on communication and effective presentation skills. If only my friend would stop having all these barriers to communications, her biggest barrier is Arrogance and Superiority even though we are of the same age. I think she has almost all of these barriers. That's why we don't really like her as a friend or as a classmate. Her attitude is so bad that even a stranger can tell in school. E.g. she needed to interview a student in her school but even that interviewee felt that she was rude. 

Sigh~~Anyway, I am going to change class soon as Year 3 Semester 1 is coming in April 2016. But before that, I will be doing my internship in March 2016. Can't wait to know which company I am posted to. I really hope it will be something related to Hospitality Business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment