Saturday, August 8, 2015

General Education 2 Module Talk

I went for a General Education Talk last year, somewhere in July 2014. These are some of the feelings and opinions that I was suppose to share with the class as well but I did not as well. 

I felt that the talk was very inspirational. This man started learning the drums from seven years old. He demonstrated his awesome and unique drum skills. He improved the traditional drumming to a unique and catch tune to appeal to the audience. He wants to share his music with other people. He has earned many awards and goes to many different countries to perform. However, he tells us that he never forgets that he is from Singapore and is proud to be a Singaporean. This is because Singapore has fast transportation, good education, good job opportunites and good living standards which not all countries have this. As without being born here, he might not be living this life. He was from a low income family, had four other siblings and lived with his mother because his parents got separated. Different places have different standard of living and opportunities. 

In this talk, he told us that: 

"DREAMS AND SUCCESS CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED IF WE WORK HARD!" 

"DON'T BE AFRAID TO PURSUE YOUR OWN DREAMS!"

With this, it gave me the confidence and motivation to move on and do what I think is good for my future. 

Best Regards to my diary...

No comments:

Post a Comment