Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Long Holidays After O Levels Ended!!!



Okay, I know I haven't blogged  about my life for 6 months +++. So I'm going to give a summary.
This is what I did for the past few months after O level examinations had ended:


I slacked for a few days before trying to find a Retail position job near my place.

I went to Recruit Express Job Agency and found a job at Robinsons. One week later, Robinsons called me and told me to go Raffles City to get the Red Christmas Shirt, name badge and punch card. The guy in charge taught me how to use the punch card even though I was still a bit confused after that. My retail position was 'Temp Sales Associate cum Cashier' at Raffles City Lingerie Department. I worked there for 6 weeks - from 22nd November 2013 to 25th December 2013.  I met my colleagues there and they taught me how to use the Cash Register. The vouchers was a bit complicated at first but I think I got it in the end after a few mistakes here and there. I met the manager and supervisor too - they are both quite nice to me especially the manager. I chatted with her once during my lunch break as the break is a whole one hour. Quite long, She hugged me on my last day of work - Christmas day, 25/12. I gave them Belgian chocolate as a token of appreciation for teaching me all these stuff. The shifts are 10am-6pm, 10am-10pm and 2pm - 10pm. I really learned a lot of stuff there even though it was quite tiring. But I love to work there especially during the Sales period - Its so crowded!! 

After that, I tried to find an administrative job so that I could know whether I was suitable to be in a office or in the frontline. But I know that I want to be in the business and service industry. I stayed at home for the January month.

After Chinese New Year- the year of the horse, I found an admin job at Edufarm Learning Centre logistics Department. It was my Second Job. I worked there from 4th February 2014 to 28th March 2014, about two months. It was an enjoyable experience, allowing me to make new friends. All of them are so nice and helpful. Love them. I learnt a lot of stuff there- binding books, shredding paper, printing, scanning, learnt how to better handle situations and do things fast, how to refill ink to the ink cartridges from the printers, how to tidy the storeroom and set-up a table with the five legs attached to it, how to make calls to parents and teachers, learnt more about the courier service and the pink waybill slip, learnt a bit more about Abobe Photoshop application, etc. All my colleagues there are so friendly and enthusiastic about their job. They also gave me nicknames like 'Sparrow', 'Squirrel' and 'Cartoon-ey'. I do not know how they came up with this but it was another good experience for me!!! 

My dad bought me a HP laptop for my polytechnic studies. I am going to Singapore Polytechnic Business Administration this year on 21st April 2014, Monday. I am so excited as besides going to the same school as my brother did, I am going to see my seniors that graduated from secondary school somehow as we are in the same school again, I guess. I registered to go for two Freshmen Orientation Camps before school starts: the SP Business Club & the Community and Cultural Club camp. I hope its gonna be AWESOME and I can make more friends and know the SP surroundings better as I always get lost in Singapore Polytechnic compound. JIA YOU!!!! I can do it!

Best regards,
Janet Lim
Faithfully blogging about my life

No comments:

Post a Comment