Sunday, July 8, 2012

Raffles Girls Sec Sch Concert 2012 - Melodies of the Dragon!!!

My School's Chinese Orchestra group went to watch this concert. It was the Melodies of the Dragon by Raffles Girls Secondary School. I heard that they have won the Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Gold Award. So we went to watch it!!! The music was nice and there was sectional performances, solo performances and the whole Orchestra performances. The songs chosen were inspiring and there was one song that made me remember my past. The song is called 'Spring'.  The second last song that the full Orchestra played was the 'Prelude of the Lion City', it had this rhythm of Singapore. I don't know how to explain it but it did felt like the Lion CZiry somehow. I guess this is the magic of the Chinese music and instruments. The percussion members was amazing as even though they were all girls since this was a girl's school, but they were very strong and persevered all the way.

I felt the charisma and flow in the music and in every single member in the Orchestra. Even though there was a few mistakes made which I guess not many people noticed, but it was super amazing that they had such great teamwork and rhythm. I guess they must have spent a lot of time to practice on the songs as they had to memorise some songs too. The costume or attire was very nice and I felt that the Colour Red really is the colour to represent Chinese Orchestra. As red is an auspicious colour to the chinese! :D

After the bus driver drove us back from Dunman High School to my School's nearest bus stop, we were all quite sleepy. My father came to fetch me and I went into his car and he drove off to the Kopitiam near Woodgrove Primary School. We bought supper and went home to eat it. It was a very interesting night!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment